Review Ducktales (2017) Aug 12

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
“Ducktales” Reboot Opening Credits Online

ducktales-reboot-opening-credits-online.jpg

Disney XD has announced an August 12th premiere date for “DuckTales,” the upcoming reboot of the classic 1980s animated comedy-adventure series.

Things will kick off with a one-hour television movie which will be presented for 24 consecutive hours. Subsequent episodes will then begin from September 23rd. Each will also be available on the Disney XD app and Disney XD VOD on these same dates.

The story follows the high-flying adventures of Duckburg’s most famous trillionaire Scrooge McDuck, his mischief-making triplet grandnephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie, temperamental nephew Donald Duck, big-hearted and fearless chauffer/pilot Launchpad McQuack, no-nonsense housekeeper Mrs. Beakley and Mrs. Beakley’s granddaughter, Webby Vanderquack, resident adventurer and the triplet’s newfound fierce friend.

Disney has also released the new series’ re-interpretation of the iconic opening credits and theme of the original show.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I have a lot of hope for this, because I was a huge fan of the original cartoon (don't judge me!!!), and there is some big talent on board for this reboot. Not the least of which is Sir David Tennant (I knighted him, it's legal and all), who I eagerly await to hear as Scrooge McDuck. But reboots always leave me wanting, so I don't want to have high hopes, but this still makes me giddy.