Review Despicable Me 2 (2013)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

Despicable Me 2 is a 2013 American 3D computer-animated comedy film and the sequel to the 2010 animated film Despicable Me. Produced by Illumination Entertainment for Universal Pictures, and animated by Illumination Mac Guff, the film is directed by Pierre Coffin and Chris Renaud, and written by Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio.

The film premiered on June 5, 2013 in Australia, and was theatrically released in the United States on July 3, 2013.

The film received mostly positive reviews from critics, and was nominated for Academy Award for Best Animated Feature and for Academy Award for Best Original Song (for "Happy"), losing both to Walt Disney Animation Studios' Frozen.

Grossing over $970 million worldwide against its budget of $76 million, the film became the second-highest-grossing animated film of 2013 and the third-highest-grossing film of 2013. It is also the most profitable film in the 101-year history of Universal Studios.

A prequel/spin-off film, Minions, focusing on the little yellow henchmen, was released on July 10, 2015.

A third film, Despicable Me 3, is scheduled for release on June 30, 2017.

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/despicable-me-3-2017.1485/

and here is that Academy Award Nominated song....

Last edited: