Review Deadpool 2 (2018)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
aRnwV5T.jpg

In September 2015, Kinberg commented on the possibility of a sequel for Deadpool: "we were talking about the sequel while we were making the movie just because when you make a film like this that's from a serialized source material, you hope that it's the first of many".By February 2016, Fox had already greenlit the film's sequel, with Reese and Wernick returning to write the script, and Miller being eyed to return as director. In April 2016, Fox confirmed the sequel's development, with Miller and Reynolds returning.

Kinberg and Miller have also talked about the possibility of a crossover featuring Spider-Man. Kinberg told /Film that the film will comment on events from other superhero films. In October 2016, it was reported that several actresses were auditioning for the part of Domino.In the same month, Miller left the sequel due to creative differences with Reynolds over the casting of Cable and the film's direction; while the former wanted a "stylized sequel", the latter wanted a "raunchy comedy". Six days later, Mashable reported that David Leitch was the frontrunner to direct the sequel, with Rupert Sanders, Drew Goddard and Magnus Martens as other candidates.On November 3, 2016, Junkie XL announced on his Twitter page that he would not return to compose the score for the sequel after Miller's departure. In November 2016, Kinberg told The Hollywood Reporter that a third Deadpool film was in development, and would feature the X-Force team assembling. Later that month it was confirmed that Leitch would replace Miller as director for Deadpool 2 and both Fox and the producers would be searching for a separate filmmaker to direct the third installment. Reynolds told Entertainment Weekly that he wanted to work with Hugh Jackman in a Wolverine/Deadpool movie. In December 2016, Miller stated that he left the sequel because he "didn't want to make some stylized movie that was 3 times the budget", and wished to create the same kind of film that made the first one a success. In January 2017, Reese and Wernick told Deadline that the sequel was still on track to shoot in 2017 and it would be a solo film, also confirming that Colossus, Negasonic Teenage Warhead and driver Dopinder would all return. In the same report it was stated that Cable's origins would not be adapted in-depth in the sequel. In February of 2017 it was reported that Drew Goddard and Reynolds are working on the script with Reese and Wernick. Producer Simon Kinberg confirmed that the movie will be released in 2018.[190] Later that month, it was revealed by the Directors Guild of Canada that shooting for Deadpool 2 will begin on June 19 until September 18. On March 9, 2017, Reynolds announced that actress Zazie Beetz will play Domino in Deadpool 2.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Josh Brolin Is Cable In “Deadpool 2”

Josh Brolin has scored the hotly contested role of Cable opposite Ryan Reynolds in the upcoming “Deadpool” sequel at 20th Century Fox.

Michael Shannon and David Harbour had been the previously rumored front runners with Russell Crowe and Brad Pitt also said to have had some level of very early talks, but Brolin emerged as a surprise contender today.

This will mark his second Marvel Comics character, the actor playing the villain Thanos in the Marvel Studios movies albeit under a LOT of CG animation – so any potential issue of audience confusion won’t be a problem.

Sources say Brolin’s “Deadpool” deal is for four movies starting with the second “Deadpool” which David Leitch is directing and which is headed towards a June production start in Vancouver. Zazie Beetz is also onboard as Domino.

Doctor Omega

Jack Kesy Is A “Deadpool 2” Villain

Jack Kesy (“The Strain,” “Baywatch”) has been cast as a major villain in the upcoming “Deadpool” sequel at 20th Century Fox.

Though it’s not clear which villain he will play, the best guess at the moment appears to be Dublin-born mutant Black Bob who can manipulate, bond with, and project energy through plant life.

deadpool-bob.jpg

Ryan Reynolds reprises his role as the Merc with the Mouth in the project which follows on from last year’s $783 million worldwide grosser. Joining him are Josh Brolin as Cable and Zazie Beetz as Domino.

David Leitch helms the film which is set for release June 1st 2018.

Doctor Omega

Kutsuna Scores Secret Role In “Deadpool 2”

kutsuna-scores-secret-role-in-deadpool-2-696x464.jpg

Japanese actress Shioli Kutsuna (“Oh Lucy!”) has been cast in the upcoming “Deadpool” sequel at 20th Century Fox and Marvel Studios.

Details on Kutsuma’s role haven’t been revealed other than it is a key one.

Kutsuma joins a cast that includes Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, Josh Brolin as Cable, Zazie Beetz as Domino, and Jack Kesy along with returnees Morena Baccarin, Leslie Uggams, Stefan Kapacic and Brianna Hildebrand.

David Leitch helms the film which opens June 1st 2018.

Doctor Omega

“Wilderpeople” Star Joins “Deadpool 2”

wilderpeople-star-joins-deadpool-2-696x464.jpg

Thanks to a posting on social media, it has been revealed that “Hunt for the Wilderpeople” star Julian Dennison has joined the cast of the currently in production “Deadpool” sequel.

Filmmaker Taika Waititi, currently in post-production on “Thor: Ragnarok,” revealed the news with a photo showing Ryan Reynolds in costume carrying Dennison on his back.

Zazie Beetz, Josh Brolin, Jack Kesy, Shioli Kutsuna, Leslie Uggams, Morena Baccarin, Brianna Hildebrand, and Stefan Kapicic also star. David Leitch helms from a script by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick.

“Deadpool 2” hits cinemas on June 1st 2018.

Doctor Omega

“Deadpool 2” Set Photo & Comedy Tone

deadpool-2-set-photo-comedy-tone-696x464.jpg

Filming is still very much underway on the “Deadpool” sequel and the movie’s star Ryan Reynolds has used his social media channels to share a new photo from the set.

The shot sees Reynolds alongside co-star Leslie Uggams returning as Blind Al for the follow-up. Uggams joins fellow returnees Morena Baccarin, Brianna Hildebrand and Stefan Kapicic.

David Leitch (“John Wick”) helms from a script by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, while the new film’s additional cast includes Josh Brolin, Zazie Beetz, Jack Kesy, Shioli Kutsuna and Julian Dennison.

Brolin also gave an interview with GMA yesterday about the comedic tone we can expect with the new film, and not just from his role as Cable. He says:

“To me, it’s even funnier than the first one. When they asked me to do it, I was like ‘I’m doing the Thanos thing right now, and should I do it?’ And my wife just said ‘Read it. Why are you even thinking? Just read it.’ And I read it and I laughed harder than I’ve laughed in a very long time. So it’s funny. Cable can be very funny. He can be a lot of things, but he can also be very funny… There’s a lot of stuff going on in Deadpool that’s very surprising, and that will be very satisfying when you see it.”

“Deadpool 2” is scheduled to hit theaters on June 1st 2018.

Doctor Omega

Stunt community slams Deadpool 2 over stuntwoman death

361b353bee9152c9ecda227b2316a5c7.jpg

The stunt performers community has weighed in on the producers of ‘Deadpool 2’, after road race star Joi ‘SJ’ Harris died in an accident on set.

Many believe that the 40-year-old motorcyclist, who had never worked as a stuntwoman before, had no business being employed by the production.

One industry veteran added that Harris’s death ‘absolutely could have been prevented’.

Harris died after losing control of her motorcycle during a stunt, and crashing into a plate-glass window on the sequel’s set in Vancouver.

It’s emerged that she was not wearing a helmet, though she had successfully performed the stunt a number of times in rehearsals.

3b3b367f6afe6bab2084f88c304090d3.jpg

“Joi had never been in a film or done any sort of stunt. She was just a girl from Brooklyn who liked to road race — which was not remotely similar to what was required for the shots. She didn’t have the experience or skills for the job they brought her in for.”

“I can’t tell you how much different it is doing stunts with motorcycles than just riding where the aim is to go really, really fast. I’m a professional race car driver, but it’s just day and night. There’s no comparison. The two don’t really mix.

“Being a professional motorcycle rider is only half the job, the other half is knowing all the parameters and the art of making movies.”

It’s also said that one reason Harris was hired was because her skin tone matched that of actress Zazie Beetz, who plays Domino in the movie, and who Harris was doubling for.

And the matter of the missing helmet has also disturbed some stunt pros too.

“Are there not ways to create a helmet with hair protecting the stunt driver?” asked another stunt performer.

“A production that’s truly invested in set safety, including all the people involved, would order this done. I can’t say it would have saved her life. However, it would have been one more step in the right direction towards making sure they were doing it all as safe as possible. The movie is on hold and worse of all, a life is lost. It’s all sad and for what, matched skin tone? It’s heartbreaking.”

SAG-AFTRA, the actors union, said that it is send a representative to the Vancouver set to investigate the incident.

Meanwhile, Zazie Beetz posted a heart-felt and hand-written note, offering condolences to the Harris family from the movie’s cast and crew.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BX4cDmTgl7L/

Doctor Omega

“Deadpool 2” Shuts Down Production

deadpool-2-shuts-down-production-696x464.jpg

Earlier this week came the news that a stunt performer was tragically killed on the set of the “Deadpool” sequel whilst performing a stunt on a motorcycle which lost control and crashed through a plate-glass window.

Today the identity of the woman has now been revealed to be Joi “SJ” Harris, known for being the first African-American female professional road racer with over 1,500 hours of practice under her belt prior to the incident.

Even more tragically, this marked her first movie as a stunt performer, standing in for Zazie Beetz’s Domino character during the stunt. A source says Harris had two full days of rehearsals and ran the stunt at least five times before actually filming.

As a result of this, Deadline reports production on the film has been shut down indefinitely following the fatal incident and Vancouver Police are currently conducting an investigation.

The film’s director David Leitch had this to say in a statement about the incident: “I’m deeply saddened by the loss of one of our stunt performers today. No words can express how I and the rest of the Deadpool 2 crew feel about this tragedy. Our thoughts are with her family, friends and loved ones in this difficult time.”

Doctor Omega

“Deadpool 2” To Resume Production Today

deadpool-concept-art-possibility-696x464.jpg

Despite a report yesterday indicating the film has been indefinitely delayed, Deadlinereports that production on the “Deadpool” sequel will reportedly resume this morning.

That’s just two days after the tragic motorcycle accident in which stunt woman Joi ‘SJ’ Harris was killed on the Vancouver set.

Brought on only last Wednesday to the already filming sequel, the first African-American female professional road racer was doing her first film as a stunt performer – in this case standing in for the Domino character.

The site says Harris was not wearing a helmet when the tragedy occurred. One had been designed for the previous stunt double and would’ve gone under the character’s wig, but because of the short notice, Harris did not have time to get such a helmet made for her.

Both The Vancouver Police Department and WorkSafeBC are investigating the incident.

Doctor Omega

“Deadpool 2,” “Dark Phoenix” Wrap Production

Following on from the release of the first trailer for the “X-Men” spin-off “The New Mutants” this week, the other two “X-Men” movies due in cinemas have reportedly wrapped principal photography.

A few hours ago, director Simon Kinberg took to Instagram to announce that filming is done on “X-Men: Dark Phoenix”. Kinberg also posted a photo from behind the scenes on the set of Xavier’s School. The film is slated to open November 2nd.

Meanwhile screenwriter Rhett Reese and actor Ryan Reynolds has revealed that filming has wrapped on the “Deadpool” sequel which has been shooting in Vancouver (‘Dark Phoenix’ has been based in Montreal).

Reynolds continues his and Josh Brolin’s friendly banter, saying in his post: “I’ve decided to continue shooting the film in my underwear from Josh Brolin’s well appointed living room.” The film, which doesn’t yet have an official title, opens June 1st.

Doctor Omega

Deadpool 2
Director: Some Idiot (“Your Mom,” “Your Dad”)
Cast: The Magical Deadpool, Josh ‘Such a Wimp’ Brolin, Some Other People
Details: Hi folks, your friendly neighbourhood Deadpool here, to tell you all about my sequel. I know what you’re thinking – why should I see yet another bland superhero sequel when I could be doing so much more productive things like buying ointment for that chronic skin rash on my inner folds, or masturbating to my new calendar with an eggnog covered nude Betty White as Miss December?

It’s simple folks. It’s me, more of the me you love to love and love to hate. Yes, there’s a girl who can manipulate luck, and I get to make that guy who thinks he’s Thanos bury his face in between my sweet ass cheeks and hum all three acts of Verdi’s ‘La donna e mobile’. But forget those idiots, come see me – Deadpool. I promise plenty of reckless violence, frontal nudity and thirty-two different uses for a Poe Dameron plushie you would never have thought of.

Doctor Omega

More Details On “Deadpool 2” Reaction

more-details-on-deadpool-2-reaction-696x464.jpg

In the wake of some uncertain reports a few weeks back about apparent ‘disastrous’ test screenings, the makers of the “Deadpool” sequel are fighting back in the best possible way – transparency.

THR reports that despite the rumored report of extensive reshoots, the film actually only did six days worth of reshoots in Vancouver last month with the scenes being additions – not subtractions. There was also reportedly two hours’ worth of work recently in Los Angeles for a secret cameo.

As for the reaction? The most recent test screenings in Dallas pulled in a 98/100 and a 94/100 with the former being the cut the team plans to use. That group of screenings was the third lot to have happened with the first two sets pulling in a 91 and 97 respectively. To put that in comparison, the highest the first “Deadpool” ever tested was a 91.

“Deadpool 2” is slated to open in cinemas on May 18th.