Review Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)

MovieKnut

Member: Rank 2
Still love the original. After god knows how many viewing, I still get a kick out of the pay off; Oh my God. I'm back. I'm home. All the time, it was... We finally really did it. You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

The sequels were fun, Escape being my favourite of the original batch of sequels. Liked the twist at the end, though it may be null and void now.

Rise and Dawn were pretty good additions to the franchise. It make sense that there was genetic manipulation involved. There is no way that the apes could have evolved naturally to the extent we saw in Planet Of The Apes, in a mere 2000 years. Even as a kid, I was aware of the unlikely evolution. Liked the references on Rise to George Taylor and the ill fated space mission.

Looking forward War For The Planet Of The Apes. Hope it maintains the standard set by the previous two entries.

Only quibble I have is that perhaps the movie titles should be the other way round; Dawn first and then Rise.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Yes, the massively speeded up evolution always used to bother me too. I love all the early Ape films though.

This one, Dawn, I don't remember so much. An okay middle film is my memory of it.

I thought that WAR was a satisfying conclusion.