Fun Cover Versions

Amyghost

Member: Rank 3
Give me the T Rex version any day. It sounds alive and human, the Bauhaus version (and I liked Bauhaus) has that packaged, 'made for MTV' vibe that too much of the eighties New Wave sound dwindled down to. Anyway, I guess I have a bit of a soft spot for the last of those Glam dinosaurs, of which Marc was so profoundly one. But those two videos definitely make for an interesting display of just what a cover version can be.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
Give me the T Rex version any day. It sounds alive and human, the Bauhaus version (and I liked Bauhaus) has that packaged, 'made for MTV' vibe that too much of the eighties New Wave sound dwindled down to. Anyway, I guess I have a bit of a soft spot for the last of those Glam dinosaurs, of which Marc was so profoundly one. But those two videos definitely make for an interesting display of just what a cover version can be.
Im a sucker for new wave:emoji_grin: I love both versions, they have a different vibe, I like that.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
Im doing a threeway here. The song Das Model by Kraftwerk, and the covers by Big Black and Rammstein. I love all three versions.

Last edited:

Carol

Member: Rank 5
All I'm saying here is that once upon a lunchtime swim in Highbury pool the opening verse of Rolf Harris's cover of Stairway to Heaven caused every righteous swimmer there to dogpaddle to the side and hurl abuse at the lifeguard/ DJ on duty. And that was way before he was nicked.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
@Hux

Thanks for that last pairing - never heard Wonderwall so stripped down - a bit wobbly in parts but you can tell he loves the song (and maybe he just heard the Gallaghers have found out where he lives...)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

This has just come out......

And I just realised that the first one is not the Beatles either, despite the label. Oh well! :emoji_confused:

Last edited: