Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
asgsg.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

As Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world, he teams up with a fellow Avenger and S.H.I.E.L.D agent, Black Widow, to battle a new threat from history: an assassin known as the Winter Soldier.

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I thoroughly enjoy this movie. After CAPTAIN AMERICA being a war movie and AVENGERS being a good sci-fi comic book romp, this one was a nice step outside of that. Equal parts action movie and political thriller, we see Cap questioning everything he knows. When Fury gives him the line about SHIELD taking world as it is, not how they would like it to be, you see that Rogers still sees everything as black and white, and these murky, grey areas are still too much for him to comprehend. Then he sees how SHIELD recruited Zola, a sworn enemy, and how HYDRA has infiltrated the government, and he does what Cap does best. He fights back.

Also, him coming to terms with Bucky still being alive and now a brainwashed assassin hurts him deeply. Plus his new relationships with both Natasha and Sam help him more adeptly see the world in a more modern light. Just a really tight movie the whole way through.

Hux

Member: Rank 6
I posted this for the wrong film. It was supposed to be for this one.

"Surprisingly good. Probably the best MCU film that didn't rely on other Marvel characters (which was impressive because I don't really care for Captain America all that much)."