Fun Your Favourite TV Series Finale of All Time?

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Hi Sleepyjack, thanks for the list and some fair warnings - some top-ranking US series there - some I've made a start on (first series of The Wire and mad Men and two of Breaking Bad so far)... the rest I'm yet to sample. Haven't even heard of Rectified - perhaps it hasn't reached the UK yet...

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
the final, British series you don't seem to know about)
Uhmmmm, doesn't knowing that Aiden Turner was the vampire kinda prove I know about the UK version? How about the fact that he killed every single person on a UK tube car and almost went to hell for it? Or that when he and Sally fell in love he thought it would save him? Or that she finally remembered that her deadbeat boyfriend shoved her down the stairs and killed her? Or that she went to see her Mom and her grave and the boys went with her. Or that Nora was a short & curly, thick haired blond? Or that Sally went through a "door" by accident and started appearing to the boys on their TV begging them to save her from she new not where and that was the reason AT's vampire killed all those innocent humans on the tube? It was on BBC America which we had access to via our Comcast cable box at the time (we have since cut the cord) and the US/Canadian version was on the Sci-Fi channel... I believe before it made the switch to Syfy and picked up the WWF as part of it's programming.

I swear Carol, I watched the UK version and loved it and also know they cut it short because Aiden Turner was getting movie offers her just couldn't turn down... roles that may have led him to The Hobbit series in which he played Keeli. Oh, and he was also in a brilliant remake of A. Christie's And Then There Were None which I recommend to everyone!

But I watched the UK version Carol. It aired before the one on Sci-Fi ever showed up. The Sci-Fi version named their vampire "Aiden" as a nod to the UK versions star player.

I swear it, I really do!

Carol

Member: Rank 5
But I watched the UK version Carol. It aired before the one on Sci-Fi ever showed up. The Sci-Fi version named their vampire "Aiden" as a nod to the UK versions star player.

I swear it, I really do!
Janine, I respect a good swear like that I really do, and believe me I would send you warm and fluffy cyber socks for your bare feet in ny colour you like, if you would do 2 things for me:

(1) believe that I have all 5 BBC DVDs on my bookshelf about 2 feet from where I am sitting now - I have never seen any of the non-British version, or a character called Sally (it was Annie in the original)
(2) quickly go to the other website which shall not be names and check for yourself how many series the BBC gave us, and the Annie/ Sallyness of things.

Please don't be cross with me for insisting - it's a very favourite show of mine, and did not end with the death of the Mr Snow, the other Old Ones or baby Eve.

sleepyjack

Member: Rank 1
Hi Sleepyjack, thanks for the list and some fair warnings - some top-ranking US series there - some I've made a start on (first series of The Wire and mad Men and two of Breaking Bad so far)... the rest I'm yet to sample. Haven't even heard of Rectified - perhaps it hasn't reached the UK yet...
Yeah just noticed I messed up the title, was thinking of Justified for some reason but yeah it's actually called Rectify, it's amazing show really something special and the finale was the most perfect ending I've seen to a tv series to date, really good.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
Check out this site, I think you'll be impressed:
OMG woman!!!!!! How the hell did you know I'm a 30s-40s car nut!!!!!!!! I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you!!!!!!!

So you get my "mostest importantist" car identification question in history....

In the recent remake of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None, there were 2 prominently displayed cars. One was a Jenson Healey ivory ragtop, ivory paint job with a red leather interior and red wire spoke wheels. The other was also a ragtop but it was much larger, had four doors, with a burgundy body and ivory top and interior. I can't make out the insignia on the grill woman and it is making me insane!

So, should you choose to accept it, that is your mission. Find out what the car is and inform the Wacky Norwegian before she self-destructs. Which this message will do in 5 seconds....... (which is why, no emoji's... I don't believe in emoji murder!)

duzit

Member: Rank 6
Don't even start about Dexter. I watched every blood dripping episode and then to finish up with that stupid ending. I had forgot about this, but now that it's all coming back, my vote goes to this show as the absolute worst ending to give to the faithful fans.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
Don't even start about Dexter. I watched every blood dripping episode and then to finish up with that stupid ending. I had forgot about this, but now that it's all coming back, my vote goes to this show as the absolute worst ending to give to the faithful fans.
I have this sentiment about Lost. I always try to forget the last season, but there is always something that brings it up again.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
Please don't be cross with me for insisting - it's a very favourite show of mine,
Carol I could never be cross with you under any circumstances. You are too kind, too considerate and too respectful for any of that to even be possible, much less a feeling I would even consider in relation to you. I believe you. I remember that you are right about it being Annie and I will dutifully go check out your references.

But I have to put it off for a bit. I am my 84 year old Mom's caretaker (cancer, chemo-brain, radiation, the whole kit-n-kaboodle) and I've been sitting here writing like a mad-woman (which, OK, we all know I am!) when I should be at the grocery store while she is asleep as I don't like leaving her alone otherwise.

So I really have to go be responsible and stop indulging myself in "me time" which I seem to get so little of lately. Not complaining; I love Mom with my whole heart and wouldn't have it any other way. But I gotta go!!!..........

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
Oh, sweetie, what did I do wrong?
A blank block of space is what I intended - so concerned readers could simply look away... what would you prefer and how should I do it next time?
There you go https://www.imdforums.com/threads/spoilers-and-how-to-use-the-tags.1451/ Made that for future reference

I have seen so much I can not even begin to list best or worst finales.I do however agree with most of the series you all have listed sofar. But my latest most memorable one is deffo The Musketeers that had a awesome and satisfying finale.

Also Sons of Anarchy was a good one.

I might come up with more later, but that's what I could think of at this moment.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
I give up on a lot of shows before they come to an end and the shows I do like get canceled. Unfortunately I watched Lost to the end. Wow, talk about a disappointing last season.
Buffy was not the best, but satisfying.
Being Human(uk), I gave up on after season 3(3 of the 4 leaving was too much for me). I still watch the first 3 seasons from time to time.
I enjoyed the finale of Misfits.
On this we are in complete agreement! Also about rewatching... I never managed to make it to the end of Misfits. Was it worth it?

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
Janine, I respect a good swear like that I really do, and believe me I would send you warm and fluffy cyber socks for your bare feet in ny colour you like, if you would do 2 things for me:

(1) believe that I have all 5 BBC DVDs on my bookshelf about 2 feet from where I am sitting now - I have never seen any of the non-British version, or a character called Sally (it was Annie in the original)
(2) quickly go to the other website which shall not be names and check for yourself how many series the BBC gave us, and the Annie/ Sallyness of things.

Please don't be cross with me for insisting - it's a very favourite show of mine, and did not end with the death of the Mr Snow, the other Old Ones or baby Eve.
I've read most of the page(s) of Being Human (UK version) on the Wiki site and agree that there were indeed 5 series. Given that, I feel compelled to add that the three main characters who started the show (Mitchell, Annie & George), were pretty much gone by the end of series 3 or 4. Aiden Turner/Mitchell left the show completely. George had only limited appearances and although Annie stayed as a constant, Nora (George's werewolf girlfriend) was dead by the 4th series, by which time even George was no longer appearing.

To my way of looking at it, those three actors & their characters were the entire show and my whole reason for watching. So, when they departed, even though Annie stayed, I went with them. I understand that you have a series of 5 and agree that it had the same name and was possibly even under the same umbrella. But I never made any mention of someone called "Mr. Snow" or "The Old Ones" so in this case, I'm inclined to think we got our signals crossed but that we were both right to some degree and both wrong in others. I hope that's OK with you.

Oh and love your beautiful fluffy socks! :emoji_hugging: :emoji_heart_eyes: :emoji_grinning:

croft_alice

Member: Rank 4
In this day of the "quick and painless" cancellation of shows we have loved and wanted more of....
Bloody damn networks....

What series that had the chance to choose and prepare their own finale's did you like the best? Saying goodbye is just flat-out-awful but a good ending can go a very long way towards making it manageable.
Here's my list for the moment... what's yours?

Stargate SG1 (Because SG1 is still out there "fighting the good fight" and that sooo works for me.)

The Closer
(Best last line: "It looks like love... it looks like love.")

M.A.S.H
(So long and fare-well)

Continuum
(Because home is still home... even when it isn't yours... if you saved it anyway and came back from the war in one piece)

Hill Street Blues
("Let's be careful out there".....)

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries
(This may fall into "unknown" because many think it will return. Alas, I am not one of them. I'm pretty sure that even if they do end up making a movie or movies, something I'm also not convinced will happen, or if it gets made that it will hit big screen) Because the last episode of season 3 was a great "last kiss" and one all of the fans had been waiting for!
Stargate antlantis:they easily could've continuing with at least two seasons

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
Stargate antlantis:they easily could've continuing with at least two seasons
I could have gone 5 more but the writing was so bad in the last episode I felt like they just failed the series and it's characters completely!

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: And Dancing Bunnies for you at last Alice! :emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers:
Aren't they just happy fun?!