Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

Baywatch
is an upcoming American action-comedy film directed by Seth Gordon, based on the television series of the same name. The film stars Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron, Alexandra Daddario, Kelly Rohrbach, Priyanka Chopra, Jon Bass, Ilfenesh Hadera, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, David Hasselhoff and Pamela Anderson. Principal photography began on February 22, 2016 in Miami, Florida and Savannah, Georgia. The film will be released by Paramount Pictures on May 26, 2017. It is the second film to feature Johnson and Daddario, the first being 2015's film San Andreas.

Last edited:

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
Baywatch is an upcoming American action-comedy film directed by Seth Gordon, based on the television series of the same name. The film stars Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron, Alexandra Daddario, Kelly Rohrbach, Priyanka Chopra, Jon Bass, Ilfenesh Hadera, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, David Hasselhoff and Pamela Anderson. Principal photography began on February 22, 2016 in Miami, Florida and Savannah, Georgia. The film will be released by Paramount Pictures on May 26, 2017. It is the second film to feature Johnson and Daddario, the first being 2015's film San Andreas.

Pretty sure I just peed myself! And now I don't know if I should change my panties or just sit in them and sulk!

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
Can someone please explain to me where the demand is coming from to turn so many relatively serious tv shows into comedy parody movies? What fan base are they trying to market to? People who enjoyed those shows but are embarrassed by them?

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
“Baywatch 2” Planned As Rock Responds To Critics

baywatch-2-planned-as-rock-responds-to-critics-696x464.jpg

There’s no question that the “Baywatch” movie is getting a drubbing from critics. While some have championed the film’s welcome casting diversity and the charisma of its leads, much of the rest of it is being heavily panned – far more so than the fifth “Pirates of the Caribbean” and even that is tying for worst in its franchise.

That hasn’t stopped the optimism from those involved, such as producer Beau Flynn who appeared at a New York City screening of the film recently and talked to Variety about plans for the sequel – plans that include stars Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron along with writers Damian Shannon and Mark Swift:

“We have an amazing story already. We’re bringing back Shannon and Swift who wrote on the first one, and I know Dwayne would be in, I know Zac and all the girls would be. We just have this really cool idea to put them in this whole new world. We would take it overseas.”

In the wake of the comment, the trade asked some of the co-stars if they’d be keen to join the potential sequel to which both Kelly Rohrbach and Alexandra Daddario keenly expressing interest.

Johnson meanwhile has caused a minor uproar with a social media posting responding to a fan asking him about the film. Johnson falls back on the excuse used by last year’s DCEU films – it’s for the fans: “Fans LOVE the movie. Critics HATE it. What a glaring disconnect. People just want to laugh & have fun. #Baywatch.”

“Baywatch” opened on Wednesday night, taking in $1.25 million on those previews. It’s expected the film will have a $40 million haul over the four-day weekend.