Information Anybody know anything about android video streaming?

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
So KODI appears to be dead for the foreseeable future. Dish Network along with Amazon (the rat-bastards) is suing because they want to disable viewers ability to stream TV shows and movies off of the internet instead of paying them the thousands of dollars they want for a service that used to be included in your electric bill (watching TV) and which you could do for the price of turning on your TV. The US Govt. is in support of this because let's face it, it's run by corporations as well.

I've been doing some homework and know of a couple of other options that are available to me but would love to get some advice from someone who is also using an android type box from which to stream what they watch on their TVs. My problem is not so much sources for platforms as it is which to choose and how to install them (alongside KODI, as part of KODI or by uninstalling KODI and starting from scratch with another platform altogether). Any way you look at it, it's a complicated process but I absolutely refuse to go back to Comcast or switch to Frontier and pay over $250.00 per mo. to gain access to everything I want to watch. Because for me, the bottom line is that I'd rather start amassing a video library (an expensive and space extortionate choice) than give any "box" TV company any more of my money than they are already getting.

Thanks for any help anyone might have to offer! :emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer:

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
I have kodi 16.1. (I think its still an older version, but I like them a bit older but more stable), with exodus 3.1.8.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
That's what I'm running too (are you in the US because I think that's my main problem). What I've read is that I can get Exodus back but I have to install KODI 17.1 to do it and then re-install Exodus. As I understand it, it's possible my ISP might be blocking everything I stream so I'm also looking into getting a VPN to mask everything I do from them. Do you have one? If so, which one are you using and does it allow you access to Netflix? I know that a couple of the VPNs can't access anything that Netflix shows.

Also, I can't access tvaddons.ag at all so I'll have to do all my installs through Indigo and I may also need to install Ares Wizard as a new platform from which to install all my other addons as none of them are working either. Pheonix has pulled it's program down completely in the wake of the lawsuit and I can't access SALTS, THE ROYAL WE or any other addon that runs off KODI 16.1 (Jarvis). The only thing I can access right now is Channel 1 (and it's an older version at that) because I added it later and did it with a different repository then everything else went in on. I wanted Channel 1 because it's the only addon that gives me access to a couple of older shows I like that I couldn't find a stream for on Exodus after Genesis became defunct.

What I'm afraid of is that I'm going to have to uninstall KODI altogether and then either move to Wizard and change all the repositories I get my addons from (which I'm going to have to do either way) or install KODI 17.1, change my repositories and reinstall all my addons after that. It's also possible I'll have to install Wizard anyway, to work in concert with KODI because so many of KODI's functions aren't fully "functional". It's a gigantic mess made even more complicated by the fact that all of the alphabet agencies in the US (NSA, CIA, FBI and so forth) are tracking everyone's streaming and looking specifically at the sites they go to in order to "keep an eye out" for terrorism but also to feed that info to anyone who might want it (advertisers, other sites like Amazon and so forth) and apparently they have the freedom to do all of it because of the bloody Patriot Act, initiated by President Bush Jr. after 9-01-01, which pretty much threw all of our Constitutional Rights into the garbage disposal and ground them into mush.

The only good news I've found is that once I change repositories, (and add 2-3 new ones that are separate from tvaddons.ag) there's a whole host of new addons I want and can get that'll work much better for me than what I've got now. So I won't have to rely on Exodus for all my streaming sources.

But I'm curious about whether or not you've run into any of these problems or have been affected at all by the US shut-down of tvaddons.ag????????????? Everything I've seen online appears to indicate that most folks in the US are having to change everything in order to get anything (including and especially Exodus) to function. It also appears that even if I manage to do all of this successfully, the "Search" function on Exodus still won't work at all.

So right now, for me at least, it kinda sucks to be a "cord cutter"! :emoji_wink:

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer:

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
Well, a lot of addons stopped working for me, but Exodus is still fine. Im in there Netherlands by the way.
I do have a VPN(private internet acces), but I do know Netflix can block your account if you use a VPN. But you can just disconnect it if you use Netflix. I usually disconnect it when I use Exodus(a VPN doesn't always give you the fastest internet).
But I must say, that the tv show content on exodus isn't as good as it was a few weeks ago. Hardly any HD content.
Maybe you should check superrepo for addons.

Last edited:

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
In fact I am planning on adding a variety of new repositories for new addons and superepo is one of them. I've also seen that Exodus has changed over to Covenant and that Channel 1 (which has always worked for me and still does although content is somewhat limited) has updated as well. It also seems that a new form of Genesis is out and available. There are also a couple of other addons I'm looking into but since I've been successfully running 16.1 Jarvis and intend to keep it as long as I can (KODI 17 seems to have more than a few problems operating in the US) it will depend on weather or not they can run on Jarvis. Oddly enough it's been my hardware that's been frizting on me lately. I've been rebooting my modem and my router on what seems to be almost a daily basis recently and Comcast internet service has gone down for 3-4 hours at a shot at least twice in the last three weeks. Frankly, it's making me crazy!

Plus, rather than give me the password we opened our Mac account with so I could update my iPad, my husband wiped it entirely. So games I'd been playing for 5-6 or more years are just gone.... completely. And because it was a first gen. model, I refuse to repurchase games I already owned that I couldn't probably get now anyway because the only things really available on the Apps site and i-Tunes is for models much newer than mine. I'm thinking of having him rewipe it and just giving it to one of the multitude of kids in our family because it's really just useless trash to me at this point. But still, 5-6 years of points and bonuses just down the crapper really pisses me off and all over one lousy password we used to share that he wouldn't remind me of....... and I really need to stop talking about that right now!

So it's been interesting watching the battle play out in this country. Small companies are already putting out new products with their own addons that are offering the same options as KODI has been up until recently. Both the cable companies and networks in the US are fighting hard to eliminate "free internet TV" but the blow-back from citizens groups and programmers has been just as voracious. It makes me ridiculously pleased that there are people in our country who are fighting our "Corporate Nation" Govt. tooth and nail to prevent them from taking over our whole lives....

Someone mentioned to me that our "clown king" in the oval office recently announced he wants every US citizen to have a chip implanted in them (IDs, financial transactions, etc...) so we're all feeling like George Orwell and his notion of govt. by "Big Brother" is the new Nostradamus! God help us, we live in "interesting times"!!!!!

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: