Review A Christmas Carol (2010)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
0000.jpg 0.jpg

Your thoughts on this story....

A space liner, with a large number of passengers aboard, is in difficulties while flying through the atmosphere of an unknown planet. Amy and Rory have been spending some time on board in the honeymoon suite and they quickly appear on deck. Amy calls the doctor for help and the TARDIS soon appears ahead of the ship. However the Doctor cannot save them and the only other option is to land on the planet below. There the Doctor meets a Scrooge like figure by the name of Kazran Sardick, the only person that can save Amy, Rory and all the other lives on the Spacecraft.

On to the next story....

THE IMPOSSIBLE ASTRONAUT/DAY OF THE MOON....

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/the-impossible-astronaut-day-of-the-moon-2011.5417/

Back to the previous story....

THE PANDORICA OPENS/THE BIG BANG....

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/the-pandorica-opens-the-big-bang-2010.5415/

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Mmmmm....Katherine Jenkins. That blond hair and beautiful smile and...wait, where was I?

Not absolutely brilliant, but enjoyable. The Doctor tries to use Dickens' story to change an old miser, only for it to backfire when he becomes a miser for a different reason. Of course, the best part of this episode is Amy's police woman costume. NO! I mean, Micheal Gambon's performance, which is equal parts subtle evil and over-the-top villainy. He truly makes the special worth watching. And Karen's legs.

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
That was a creative episode, I’ll say that. Very humane, as Doctor Who tends to be. Heartbreaking about Abigail as well. I know they say advanced technology seems like magic - this iPad would have looked like magic to me, 20 years ago - but how does a machine know a person’s personality? I don’t completely remember how that went - I can rewatch that on Amazon Prime - but yeah the machine was designed for him, wouldn’t it detect him by retina scan or fingerprint or something? But nice episode anyway.