Review A Bit of Fry and Laurie

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8

Not technically a Britcom, but something I was introduced to in the 90s, via BBC America. Possibly one of the best sketch comedy shows ever, by one of the best comedy duos ever. Before Stephen Fry became the go to British guy for many American productions, and Hugh Laurie became Dr. House, these two did four series of this classic show, playing on TV tropes, politics, the public in general, and general shenanigans. Honestly, I hold this show in as high regard as I do Money Python.

Amyghost

Member: Rank 3
Every time I see Laurie in his earlier, British comic incarnations I'm that much more stunned by his versatility with his performance as House. And Stephen Fry is one of the best writers as well as actors of his generation (geez, I envy these multi-talented Oxbridge fellers). This and their Jeeves and Wooster series should both get comebacks in light of the scintillating later careers both men have had.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I loved Jeeves and Wooster! I would absolutely love to see that come back!

Did you see the Fry and Laurie reunion a few years ago? They talk about how ABOF&L wasn't actually cancelled, they were just never asked to do another series, and that they should do another one. I'm okay with that.

Amyghost

Member: Rank 3
I loved Jeeves and Wooster! I would absolutely love to see that come back!

Did you see the Fry and Laurie reunion a few years ago? They talk about how ABOF&L wasn't actually cancelled, they were just never asked to do another series, and that they should do another one. I'm okay with that.
I did, and I'd like to see it again. Not a smart decision on the Beeb's part to give them the brush-off like that, but it surely didn't hurt either them career wise at all.

Ever see Laurie performing jazz? Just another reason to hate those university renaissance types, lol.